Southern Cross Careers Website Privacy Statement
Your privacy is important to us. This privacy statement sets out what personal information we will collect via this https://careers.southerncross.co.nz/ (“Job Site”) and what we will do this information, in accordance with the New Zealand Privacy Act.
What personal information will we collect?
We collect the following personal information about you:
- Your name and contact details
- Your qualifications and previous work experience
- Any other information you provide when you register on our Job Site, complete an application form, subscribe for job alerts, communicate with us and accept a job offer; and
- Any other information we obtain through background or reference checks.
What do we use your personal information for and who will we disclose it to?
We use personal information we collect about you for:
- processing your job application, including assessing your skills and experience and considering your suitability for the job you have applied for
- registering you for job alerts if that’s what you have chosen and in such case matching you with suitable job opportunities at Southern Cross
- undertaking background and reference checks you have given us permission to do and
- contacting you for any of the above.
If you select “Please only consider me for jobs I have applied for myself” we will only contact you in respect to those particular jobs.
If you select “Please alert me by email when new jobs that match my profile are posted” we will contact you with job alerts.
We will not disclose the personal information we hold about you to any other person, other than your name and contact details to undertake any background or reference checks that you have given permission to us doing.
Where and how do we store your personal information and can you access and correct it?
All information collected via the Job Site will be held securely by our recruitment partner Workday in their data centre in Ireland.
You are entitled to access, update and correct the information held on the Job Site.
In fact you are responsible for ensuring that your profile is maintained and your information is kept correct and updated.
To protect your information you will be required to login to the Job Site to view your information and make any changes.
You need to keep your log in and password safe and not disclose to any other person.
If you do not provide us with the information requested or the information you provide is not accurate or complete we may not be able to process your application or consider you for the job/s you wish to apply for.
Providing false or misleading information may result in you being removed from any recruitment process or may affect your employment if you accept a job offer with us.
Is your information secure?
We (and our recruitment partner Workday) take all reasonable steps to ensure that your personal information is kept safe from loss, unauthorised access, modification or disclosure and/or misuse in accordance with our obligations under New Zealand’s Privacy Act and any other privacy legislation that may apply.
How long will we retain your information?
If you have registered for job alerts we will keep your information on file until such time as you request us to remove it. Otherwise we will remove your information after reasonable time after you are either successful in the job you apply for or are not.
If you have any questions about how we handle your personal information or our privacy statement please contact us on firstname.lastname@example.org.